EMC Logo Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 24th, 2014, 7:37pm
Early MusiChicago Home

EMC Logo
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum Opportunities for early-music/chant baritone?

Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum
   Early Music
   Chicago Area Early Music
(Moderator: berto)
   Opportunities for early-music/chant baritone?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Opportunities for early-music/chant baritone?  (Read 1312 times)
scottknitter
Minstrel

4941782 4941782   zz4j9m   knitterman
WWW Email

Opportunities for early-music/chant baritone?
« on: Sep 8th, 2003, 12:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm a downtown Chicagoan looking for an early sacred music ensemble to sing with. I'm a baritone with lots of chant and Renaissance sacred-music experience in the following groups:

Vox Early-Music Ensemble, Ann Arbor
http://www.voxannarbor.org

Sine Nomine Early-Music Ensemble, East Lansing, MI
http://www.msu.edu/~knitter/sinenominecd.htm

Head cantor, All Saints Episcopal Church, East Lansing
http://www.allsaints-el.org

I'm currently a member of the Church of the Ascension, Chicago, so I'm hearing a great deal of excellent music from one of the best music programs in the country, but I'd like to be singing as well and have been reticent to audition for the parish choir as I'd like to serve the parish in other ways, and they're doing beautifully without me.   Smiley  I'd like to find a group, new or established, that has a genuine need for an experienced baritone and would be interested in auditioning me.  I bring strong sightreading skills and very accurate intonation as well as sensitivity to the subtleties of vocal styles needed for various composers and genres.  Excellent attendance and preparation ethic, too.  I like to work as a professional whether paid or not.

Scott Knitter
scottknitter@rcn.com
312-371-4802
IP Logged

Scott Knitter in Edgewater scottknitter@gmail.com
Michael Anderson

Email

Re: Opportunities for early-music/chant baritone?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 9th, 2003, 8:05am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi Scott,

We just a filled an open position this summer for baritone in the Schola Antiqua of Chicago - the city's most active professional chant ensemble.  We will certainly keep your name on our list of prospective singers.  Please check in with us over the year as our roster can fluctuate.  In the meantime, we also invite you to hear one of our performances, Friday Jan 16, 2004 at the Rockefeller Memorial Chapel at the University of Chicago.

Thanks!
Mike Anderson
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

Early MusiChicago Home