EMC Logo Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 28th, 2014, 5:20am
Early MusiChicago Home

EMC Logo
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum « Think Early Music for Christmas! »

Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum
   Early Music
   Chicago Area Early Music
(Moderator: berto)
   Think Early Music for Christmas!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Think Early Music for Christmas!  (Read 894 times)
MasquedPhoenix1
Minstrel

Music is life, and, like it, is inextinguishable.

Think Early Music for Christmas!
« on: Sep 18th, 2003, 2:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just in case there are any Churches or other organizations out there that haven't made their final plans for the Christmas season and are finding themselves a bit frantic, I wanted to make it known that there is no need to panic!  The ensembles of the Chicagoland Early Music scene are ready to come to your rescue!

My own ensembles, the Masqued Phoenix Consort and the Phoenix Camerata still have a few timeslots open in December.  If you need background music for a Christmas feast with a little Medieval/Renaissance flair, the Masqued Phoenix Consort  has a large repertoire of light carols ready to go.  If you're looking for something to be a stand-alone event, the Phoenix Camerata has a beautiful program of early Church music written for the Christmas season which can be mixed together with traditional carols to suit your needs.  This music also makes a good add-on to a Church choir concert.  (Both ensembles are described elsewhere on this website if you want to search them out.  In brief, we are primarily instrumental (recorders, viols, harp, reeds) but also have vocalists if requested.  We can perform in period costume to add a little extra ambience to your event.)

Like many other Early Music groups in the area, we've worked hard to put together these wonderful programs and think it's a shame to only use them a few times.  This is beautiful music, and we love to share it!  

And if you're not interested in the Masqued Phoenix Consort or the Phoenix Camerata, I hope you'll search out one of Chicagoland's other fine Early Music ensembles.  We've played events from small parties in private homes to full-fledged concerts in Churches and Halls.  And even listeners who had no idea what "Early Music" would be before we started have been moved by the beauty of our performances.  Most of the "traditional carols" heard during the holiday season have their roots in the Medieval and Renaissance eras- these songs are especially beautiful when played on the instruments for which they were first imagined.

So don't panic about that music void you need filled for the holidays.  It's never too late to go Early!

Hope to play for you soon!

-Kim Katulka
 masquedphoenix1@yahoo.com

[color=Green][/color]
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2003, 2:39pm by MasquedPhoenix1 » IP Logged

-KK "Let me make the songs of a Nation and I care not who makes its laws."-Plato
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

Early MusiChicago Home