EMC Logo Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2014, 10:51am
Early MusiChicago Home

EMC Logo
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum Looking for traverso teacher

Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum
   Early Music
   Chicago Area Early Music
(Moderator: berto)
   Looking for traverso teacher
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Looking for traverso teacher  (Read 1203 times)
glauber
Minstrel

Hmmm.... traverso....

Email

Looking for traverso teacher
« on: Jan 28th, 2004, 11:01am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello,

i'm a new member in this forum, and this is my first post. Tongue

I'm a flute player, for over 20 years now, so i guess you could say i'm an advanced amateur, or whatever. I play modern (metal) flute, as well as Irish flute and others, and i'm beginning to learn traverso. I have a very good flute, a C. A. Grenser model by Rod Cameron, and i can play it reasonably well, but i'd love to have at least a few lessons with somebody who actually knows this stuff, to help me get started right. I contacted a couple of people, but they were both too busy to help me.

So if you're reading this, and if you play traverso and would like to give me a few lessons, please send me a private message or email with your availability and price. My preferred times are: wednesday or thursday night, or saturday morning. My email address is theglauber at yahoo dot com, and i'm in the NFA directory.

I live in Carol Stream (west of Chicago) and work in Schaumburg, so somebody reasonably close to one of these cities would be great, but i'll drive wherever...

Thanks!

Glauber Ribeiro
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2004, 11:06am by glauber » IP Logged
glauber
Minstrel

Hmmm.... traverso....

Email

Re: Looking for traverso teacher
« Reply #1 on: Feb 5th, 2004, 4:21pm »

Nobody?  Sad Cry
IP Logged
berto
Forum Moderator
Bard

What this town needs is a good Renaissance band!

« Reply #2 on: Feb 5th, 2004, 5:43pm »

Glauber,

Have you tried contacting every flute player on the Early MusiChicago Instrumental Soloists page?

http://earlymusichicago.org/soloists_instrumental.htm

If they aren't available, perhaps they can refer you to someone else.

Berto
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2004, 5:49pm by berto » IP Logged

"It is our conviction that if anything is worth doing at all, it is worth doing badly."
--Wayne Booth, writing about amateur musicians' passion for playing in For the Love of It
glauber
Minstrel

Hmmm.... traverso....

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 5th, 2004, 7:06pm »

Hello, Berto,

thanks for the suggestion. If i remember right, there was only one that mentioned traverso and teaching in her bio, and i talked to her husband who told me she isn't taking students. Everybody else was seemed to be a recorder player. I'll look again.

Glauber
IP Logged
berto
Forum Moderator
Bard

« Reply #4 on: Feb 5th, 2004, 8:48pm »

Glauber,

Unfortunately, we don't have complete, authoritative information about who teaches and who doesn't. It's a safe bet that many of the performers, whether listed as teachers (on the EMC People page) or not, do in fact teach, or will for the right student. Contacting them is at least worth a try, again if only for the reason that they might refer you to someone else.

Berto
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2004, 8:48pm by berto » IP Logged

"It is our conviction that if anything is worth doing at all, it is worth doing badly."
--Wayne Booth, writing about amateur musicians' passion for playing in For the Love of It
glauber
Minstrel

Hmmm.... traverso....

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 6th, 2004, 1:23pm »

Well, i went back and read through the performer lists. I found the same 2 ladies that i had already located, in the Chicago area, plus 2 in Wisconsin, which is too far for me. For whatever reason, there don't seem to be many traverse flute players in this community. But i'll follow your suggestion and contact a few more people and see if i can find more.

Right now my best chance is one of the 2 ladies in teh Chicago area, who already told me she'd like to teach me a few lessons, but unfortunately she's too busy at the moment.

Back to waiting, thanks!

Glauber
IP Logged
berto
Forum Moderator
Bard

« Reply #6 on: Feb 6th, 2004, 1:28pm »

Glauber,

Lisette Kielson performs from time to time in the Chicago area. If you can settle for once-a-month lessons, say, perhaps you and she can work out a suitable arrangement. Just guessing. Be sure to contact her also.

Berto
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

Early MusiChicago Home