EMC Logo Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 26th, 2014, 1:57am
Early MusiChicago Home

EMC Logo
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum Ars Antigua

Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum
   Early Music
   Chicago Area Early Music
(Moderator: berto)
   Ars Antigua
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ars Antigua  (Read 889 times)
Jerry Fuller

Email

Ars Antigua
« on: Apr 6th, 2006, 12:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I want to thank all our listeners and supporters who were able to join us for our concerts this past weekend at Quigley Chapel, the Byron Colby Barn and the Chicago Cultural Center. Because of you, we were able to close our season with packed houses, standing ovations, and a modest financial surplus.  

I am excited to announce our 2006-2007 season in residence at Quigley Chapel on the second Saturday of this coming November, January and March. Each of these free, one hour concerts begins at 2pm:  

November 11, 2006  
The Music of Monteverdi: Songs of Love and War  
A collaboration with The Oriana Singers and The Chicago Humanities Festival  

January 13, 2007  
Ars Antigua on the Silk Road  
A collaboration with the Silk Road Celebration in Chicago featuring perfomers from the Silk Road Project  

March 10, 2007  
A Baroque Celebration  
Features the vocal stars of Chicago Opera Theater and winners of the Ars Antigua--Midwest Young Artists Early Music competition sponsored by Walgreens.  

Until then I hope to see you at the following upcoming performances:  

April 1: I will be perfoming Bach's St Matthew Passion at 7:30pm in St.John Cantius Church with William Watson, Evangelist; James Weaver,Jesus; Carol LoVerde, Soprano; Nick Pepin, Alto; Trevor Mitchell, Tenor; and Douglas Anderson, Bass. There will be a preconcert lecture at 6:30pm by Robert Kendrick, Associate Professor of Music &Department Chair University of Chicago Department of Music. For more information call 312-243-7373.  

April 8: Bach's Mass in b minor at 7pm in Rockefeller Chapel at the University of Chicago. For tickets call 773-667-4571.  

April 9: Bach's Cantata Himmelskonig, sei willkommen BWV 182 at The Bach Institute of Valparaiso University.

April 14-15: I look forward to introducing 70+ young bassists to the joys of period performance at the Richard Davis Young Bassists Workshop at the University of Wisconsin. For more information call 608.236.0262.  

May 3, 5, 7, 11, 13: I will be in the pit for Chicago Opera Theater's producton of Mozart's "The Abduction from the Seraglio" with Jane Glover conducting. For tickets call 312.704.8414.  

Ars Antigua, directed by Jerry Fuller, presents concerts of chamber music performed on period instruments at 2pm on the second Saturday of November, January and March every year in the stunning, stained-glass setting of Quigley Chapel (Rush and Pearson) in Chicago. Performances by Ars Antigua are known for technical excellence, emotional impact, and historical scholarship. In addition, Ars Antigua tours, and also collaborates with Midwest Young Artists in educational and outreach programs, raising the visibility and knowledge of period performance practice among talented k-12 students.  

For more information visit ArsAntigua.net or call 312.415.2391.  

Jerry Fuller

Ars Antigua
2252 Orrington Ave
Evanston, Illinois 60201
jerryfulleresq@cs.com
http://ArsAntigua.net
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

Early MusiChicago Home