EMC Logo Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 30th, 2014, 9:28am
Early MusiChicago Home

EMC Logo
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum Chicago period instrument orchestra

Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum
   Early Music
   Chicago Area Early Music
(Moderator: berto)
   Chicago period instrument orchestra
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Chicago period instrument orchestra  (Read 824 times)
Baroque_Band
Minstrel

I love early music!

Chicago period instrument orchestra
« on: Feb 28th, 2007, 5:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Last summer I had the good fortune to move to Chicago. I'm a baroque violinist from the UK but had been living in Washington DC for two years. Arriving here in Chicago I was lucky to meet some great period instrument players and make some fabulous new friends. The one thing that perplexed me was the lack of a regular period instrument orchestra. There are some great smaller ensembles, but no permanent orchestra offering a regular season of baroque music on period instruments. With my new found friends and colleagues we set about fixing this and can now announce the launch of Baroque Band - Chicago's period instrument orchestra.

The orchestra will give its first three concerts in May (22, 23, 24) at Nichols Hall, Evanston, the Grainger Ballroom, Symphony Center, and St Thomas the Apostle, Hyde Park. At these concerts we will also announce our 2007 -08 season. The first concerts will include music by Vivaldi, Handel, and Albinoni, along with Bach's harpsichord concerto in d minor performed by David Schrader. Tickets for the 22 and 24 are available from our website(www.baroqueband.org) or by calling 312 235 2368 and tickets for the 23rd will be available shortly from Symphony Center box office.

Please visit our website and sign up to our mailing list so that we can keep you up to date of developments as they happen. Also, let us know what you'd like to hear us perform, and where. If you have any special skills or time to spare we would also love to hear from you. Getting anything new going is always a monumental effort but we believe that we can make something really special here in Chicago to rival any period instrument orchestra in the US and put the city firmly on the historical map.  

We look forward to hearing from you and to meeting you at our concerts.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

Early MusiChicago Home