EMC Logo Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 23rd, 2014, 4:16pm
Early MusiChicago Home

EMC Logo
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum Re: New choral groups?

Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum
   Early Instruments & Voice
   Early Vocal
(Moderator: berto)
   Re: New choral groups?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: New choral groups?  (Read 2184 times)
berto
Forum Moderator
Bard

What this town needs is a good Renaissance band!

« on: Sep 21st, 2005, 6:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Is this in the Chicago area?  North suburbs?  From how far away will you accept participants?

Also, do you want to provide some contact info, like an e-mail address and phone number?
IP Logged

"It is our conviction that if anything is worth doing at all, it is worth doing badly."
--Wayne Booth, writing about amateur musicians' passion for playing in For the Love of It
Scott Knitter

Email

« Reply #1 on: Sep 21st, 2005, 7:42am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Yes, that would be handy information, wouldn't it?   Smiley

I'm e-mailable at scottknitter@gmail.com
Phone is 312-371-4802

I'm in Edgewater, near Loyola U Chicago, so I'm thinking the venue would be on the North Side or Evanston, and that's the area most people would come from...especially if we met in a church along the Red Line or Purple Line.

Thanks.  Nothing definite happening yet; this is just to gauge potential interest, and it's because I'm not singing with anyone and am thinking one option is to just start something.  Evening use of a church may be more difficult to arrange than I think...or not.  I'll give it a try.
IP Logged
John Osterhagen

Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 25th, 2005, 9:50am »

Hi Scott,

I  would be very interested in joining a new early music vocal group.  I actually was very seriously considering doing it myself.  I think that it's a GREAT idea!  I am a high tenor/counter-tenor with fine reading abilities and significant experience performing medieval/rennaisance/baroque literature.  I also know a number of people who would be very interested in the same. Please do call me or email - and thanks! John Osterhagen (josterha@aol.com) 773-255-8613.
IP Logged
Abigail Schmidt

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 21st, 2005, 10:02am »

Hi Scott,  

I am in the area and looking to get into early music as well.  I have studied with Ellen Hargis and have performed a little, but would like to take this further.

Please let me know if you need a soprano.  Additionally, my husband plays lute and other instruments.  

Also, I work at Loyola U of Chicago and might be able to find some venues on campus.

Cheers,
Abby Schmidt
Abigail@Schmidt.net
708-268-7223
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

Early MusiChicago Home