EMC Logo Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 22nd, 2014, 12:39pm
Early MusiChicago Home

EMC Logo
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum Any other traverso players in the Western suburbs?

Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum
   Early Instruments & Voice
   Early Winds
(Moderator: berto)
   Any other traverso players in the Western suburbs?
« Previous topic | No topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Any other traverso players in the Western suburbs?  (Read 2040 times)
glauber
Minstrel

Hmmm.... traverso....

Email

Any other traverso players in the Western suburbs?
« on: Apr 13th, 2004, 3:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello,

i'm relatively new to the traverso (on and off for a couple of years, but finally got my first good traverso last Thanksgiving). Right now i play a C. A. Grenser by Rod Cameron, with A=415 and 440 corps. I'm also trying out an "ordinary flute" by Clive Catterall (thanks, Clive!). I play other kinds of flute occasionally, but my practice time has been completely taken over by the traverso.

I live in Carol Stream and work in Schaumburg. Any other traverso players in the area who would be interested in playing duets? Wink Or maybe a gamba or keyboard player looking for a flutist to play with? Let me know!

glauber
IP Logged
MasquedPhoenix1
Minstrel

Music is life, and, like it, is inextinguishable.

Re: Any other traverso players in the Western subu
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15th, 2004, 1:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Glauber-

Might I suggest you come to a meeting of the Oak Park Recorder Society (we have a listing with more info elsewhere on this site)?  There are a couple of us that dabble in traverso (mine's a Renaissance model- no keys).  We sight-read a variety of music from Medieval to modern every week.  Next week (4/20) we were planning on playing a big chunk of the Susato dances with anything anyone could bring along- there'll be krumhorns and maybe a rackett and sackbut plus a viol and lots of percussion etc.  If you are able to come next week or any week in the future (when things are likely to be a bit less raucous), we'd love to play with you.  And we can talk about the kind of music you'd like to play and maybe find you a duet partner or two!
IP Logged

-KK "Let me make the songs of a Nation and I care not who makes its laws."-Plato
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | No topic »

Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

Early MusiChicago Home