EMC Logo Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2014, 10:04pm
Early MusiChicago Home

EMC Logo
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum Master's Thesis

Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum
   Early Music
   News and General Discussion
(Moderator: berto)
   Master's Thesis
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Master's Thesis  (Read 1110 times)
tassid
Minstrel

I love early music!

Master's Thesis
« on: May 20th, 2003, 1:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello to all,
My name is Tonya Assid.  I am a graduate student at the University of North Texas and am currently working on my thesis "The Early Music Ensemble in 21st century America."  I contacted Robert Osterland and he suggested that I post some questions on the forum.  I am looking for responses from performers and non-performers.  
What I hope to do with this paper is get a look at how early music seems to be doing.  Where it is going and just a general overview.  I have a survey that I have been sending to early music ensembles.  If there is an early music ensemble that has not received the survey please let me know and I can e-mail it to you.
Below are some of the questions I sent to Robert.  Any answers from anyone would be great.
1. In the last three years, does there seem to be an increase or decrease in early music ensembles?
2.  Financially, how do most ensembles seem to be doing?
3.  Has there been an increase or decrease in:
 Ticket sales
  Donations from individual donors
 Funding from foundations
 Funding from corporations
 Funding from city or state

4.  Has September had any effect?
5.  In the last three years has there been an increase or decrease in concerts presented?
6.  Increase or decrease in audience?
7.  Do ensembles do more traditional works (Bach, Handel) or are they branching out to lesser known composers?
8.  In the last ten years would you say the community is more aware of less aware of early music?

Any information anyone can give me is greatly appreciated.
You may also contact me at my e-mail address tassid@yahoo.com
Thanks much!
Tonya
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

Early MusiChicago Home