EMC Logo Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 31st, 2014, 10:16pm
Early MusiChicago Home

EMC Logo
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum Gulf Coast Relief Benefit Concerts? Let's Do It!

Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum
   Early Music
   News and General Discussion
(Moderator: berto)
   Gulf Coast Relief Benefit Concerts? Let's Do It!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Gulf Coast Relief Benefit Concerts? Let's Do It!  (Read 1567 times)
Phillip W. Serna

Email

Gulf Coast Relief Benefit Concerts? Let's Do It!
« on: Sep 2nd, 2005, 3:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

My name is Phillip Serna.  I am writing to see if others are willing to help organize and/ or perform at Chicago area benefit concerts for Katrina Hurricane Disaster relief. I am willing to donate my time as part of an ensemble or play solos on double bass or bass viola da gamba to raise funds for disaster relief. I don't have a venue, I don't have the players, and not even the repertoire yet, but am seeking people who are willing and are already organizing the same sort of thing and are willing to donate their venue, time and/ or their loving hearts to help the Katrina victims & refugees.

After spending the past few days completely & vehemently frustrated at what is going on in Louisiana, Mississippi & the rest of the Gulf Coast region, I think that this might be a constructive way for those of us in the music field to help all of those poor people who have lost loved ones, their homes, everything they own, and some are even plagued by the violence, looting, and governmental & communication support & infrastructure.

Even if we can't get concerts moving in the next week or so, I want to make an impassioned plea to PLEASE GET THE WORD OUT THAT WE NEED TO SEND MONEY, MEDICAL SUPPLIES, FOOD, & WATER TO THE REGION VIA THE RED CROSS, SALVATION ARMY, and other charity organizations immediately because PEOPLE ARE DYING & NEED OUR ASSISTANCE NOW!

With teamwork, love & determination we can really make these people's lives better, hopefully saving more people from the aftermath of this disaster.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Most sincerely yours,

Phillip W. Serna
Double Bass, Viola da Gamba, Guitar
Doctor of Music Program, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL  
Double Bass Teacher at Neuqua Valley High School, Indian Prairie School District 204, Naperville, IL,  
Carl Sandburg High School, High School District 230, Orland Park, IL, Glenbard East & South High Schools,  
High School District 87, Lombard & Glen Ellyn, IL, Illinois Math & Science Academy, Aurora, IL, Wheeling High  
School, High School District 214, Wheeling, IL & Willowbrook High School, High School District 88, Villa Park, IL
Discordia Music, Publishers of Music for the Double Bass, Chicago Federation of Musicians, Local 10-208 of A.F.M. #55608  

E-mail: gallifrey76@hotmail.com, pserna@discordia-music.com, p-serna@northwestern.edu

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

Early MusiChicago Home