EMC Logo Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 20th, 2014, 6:57am
Early MusiChicago Home

EMC Logo
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum ę Kynseker Renaissance Sopranos Ľ

Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum
   Early Instruments & Voice
   Recorder
(Moderator: Labattaille)
   Kynseker Renaissance Sopranos
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Kynseker Renaissance Sopranos  (Read 1603 times)
Labattaille
Forum Moderator
Minstrel

*Lord have mercy on my solo*

Kynseker Renaissance Sopranos
« on: Feb 18th, 2004, 4:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all,

I've recently been considering purchasing a renaissance soprano recorder with my hoarded Christmas money (*rubs hands together in glee*). The Kynseker renaissance soprano models of both Moeck and Mollenhauer have intrigued me the most. Iíve read that theyíre both rather similar to one another. Though apparently the Moeck model claims to be the more versatile of the two, and perhaps more suited for solo play because of its strength in all registers, the Mollenhauer is possibly the better ensemble instrument. Iíve heard from Bill Lazar of Lazarís Early Music Shop that the Mollenhauer is just as good as the Moeck, and that there really isnít a difference between the playing quality of either.

Has someone out there ever tried a Moeck or Mollenhauer Kynsek Renaissance recorder or considered buying one? If so, what did you think of either of them and/or where did you purchase from? Iíd also love advice from anyone who owns a Renaissance recorder. What are the differences between its sound quality and say that of a Baroque recorder? What should I look for in terms of quality?

IP Logged

"Think of the cosmic eighth notes."
-Tina Chancey
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

Early MusiChicago Home