EMC Logo Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 16th, 2014, 8:26am
Early MusiChicago Home

EMC Logo
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum Adult recorder ensemble class at MIC

Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum
   Early Instruments & Voice
   Recorder
(Moderator: Labattaille)
   Adult recorder ensemble class at MIC
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Adult recorder ensemble class at MIC  (Read 1726 times)
Patrick O'Malley

Email

Adult recorder ensemble class at MIC
« on: Aug 28th, 2004, 5:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hello, recorder enthusiasts!

The Music Institute of Chicago will be offering a new class this semester (September 29, 2004 through January 26, 2005), an adult recorder ensemble coaching with faculty member Patrick O'Malley. Class will meet Wednesday evenings (7pm-8pm) in Evanston, in the beautiful MIC building at the corner of Chicago Avenue and Grove Street.

This will be for upper intermediate to advanced players, those who can read both C and F fingerings.

If there is enough interest, a second class for beginner to lower intermediate players could be added.

Please contact Patrick O'Malley directly if you are interested. The cost will depend on the number of students that sign up. The building is fully accessible.

773-552-1856
patrickrecorder@mac.com
IP Logged
Patrick O'Malley

Email

Re: Adult recorder ensemble class at MIC
« Reply #1 on: Sep 4th, 2004, 6:29am »

I have an update from the Music Institute of Chicago.  The prices given before were LAST year's prices. They are updating their website now. Here are the new rates per person for a trio, 15-week semester:

60 minutes = $400.00    $26.67 per session
45 minutes = $312.75    $20.85 per session

There is a $20 registration fee for new students for chamber music, which is less than private students must pay.

I'm sorry the price is a bit higher than last year.  Because the school maintains their beautiful building, we have the opportunity to perform in one of the loveliest recital halls I've ever seen or heard.  I do hope you all will sign up for this.

They bill the chamber people last, late September or early October, so we might have a 4th or 5th person by then, which would lower the cost for everybody.

If we do have a quartet or quintet the rates will be:

60 minutes = $300.00    $20.00 per session
45 minutes = $234.75    $15.65 per session

Please do confirm with me whether you will take this class.  I can then notify the chamber music coordinator and send you the registration form. I'm really looking forward to this.

Thanks,
Patrick
IP Logged
Patrick O'Malley

Email

Re: Adult recorder ensemble class at MIC
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 3:01pm »

Hi everyone.  This is to let you know that I have an opening in one of the adult recorder groups for the spring semester. Groups meet Wednesday evenings at the Music Institute of Chicago, located in Evanston.

Please contact me as soon as possible if you are interested in signing up! The spring term begins the second week of February.  Please forward to any recorder players you know.

Patrick O'Malley
773-552-1856
patrickrecorder@mac.com
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

Early MusiChicago Home