EMC Logo Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 22nd, 2014, 8:39pm
Early MusiChicago Home

EMC Logo
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum 2003 IU Recorder Academy...CANCELLED!!!

Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum
   Early Music
   Young Early Musicians
(Moderator: Labattaille)
   2003 IU Recorder Academy...CANCELLED!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2003 IU Recorder Academy...CANCELLED!!!  (Read 1304 times)
Labattaille
Forum Moderator
Minstrel

*Lord have mercy on my solo*

2003 IU Recorder Academy...CANCELLED!!!
« on: Mar 9th, 2003, 5:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Last summer I attended the Indiana University Recorder Academy (located in Bloomington, IN) and had an absolute blast.  

To my dismay, in early January of this year, I received a letter saying that the 2003 academy was cancelled. No alternative was given.  

In the weeks following receipt of the letter, several of last year's attendees were talking about putting together some sort of informal summer get-together (for example, maybe in Boulder, Colorado, where a few of them live), but nothing seems to have come of it.  

I am greatly saddened by the loss of this chance to get together with other young early musicians and learn from each other, motivate one another, and have fun.  

I am desperately seeking another workshop/retreat specifically for young people. Does anybody know of such a gathering this summer?

Hopeless in Chicago...
IP Logged

"Think of the cosmic eighth notes."
-Tina Chancey
Linda Lunbeck

Email

Re: 2003 IU Recorder Academy...CANCELLED!!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19th, 2003, 9:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Dear Hopeless-

There is hope!   The Colorado Recorder Academy (CRA) happens from July 9-20 in Boulder, Colorado.  It's planned to be similar to the Indiana University Recorder Academy, with lots of good challenging music-making (private lessons, ensembles, concerts), fun people, cool variety classes, great faculty, and a gorgeous location at the edge of the Rocky Mountain foothills.  Yes, the same foothills that just got several feet of snow, but it's nice and warm in July- and not humid!  

Info was sent out to everybody who went to IURA last summer (and some from the previous year), but apparently not everybody got the message.   CRA is intended for recorderists who have already attended IURA, but  there may be space for a couple other highly-qualified people (12-18 years old).

Application deadline is April 11th.  If you think you might be interested, please let me know ASAP!  For more info, e-mail me at:
<lunbeck@frii.com>.

Linda Lunbeck, CRA Director (yes, I'm over-age, but they let me  into the site to post this).
IP Logged
Labattaille
Forum Moderator
Minstrel

*Lord have mercy on my solo*

Re: 2003 IU Recorder Academy...CANCELLED!!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22nd, 2003, 8:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thank you Linda!!

My dad recently received info about the CRA and sent it along to me.

I am greatly looking forward to attending the CRA this summer. I hope that many of my pals from the 2002 IURA will be there as well.

I'm using the time I have off for Spring Break to make my tape and mail it in post haste.

See you this summer!  Grin

~Labattaille
IP Logged

"Think of the cosmic eighth notes."
-Tina Chancey
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Early MusiChicago Discussion Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

Early MusiChicago Home