What is Early Music? Early Music is music from the mid 18th century and before, music from the Baroque, Renaissance, and Middle Ages. It is the most beautiful, enriching, exciting -- and ironically the freshest -- music you will ever hear performed by some of the best musicians anywhere. Early Music is enchantment!Welcome to Early MusiChicago -- your source for news and information about Early Music in the Chicago area and elsewhere.
Learn about Early Music at the Composers, Instruments, Genres, Organizations, Resources, and Publications pages.
Get to know area Early Music performers at the Musicians, Ensembles, People, PhotoAlbum, and Recordings pages.
For a complete listing of Early Music concerts, festivals, workshops, and other events, visit the Calendar and Events pages. Coming Soon:
- The Chicago Chapter of the American Recorder Society will present its annual Spring Concert. more...
- The Music of the Baroque Chorus and Orchestra, Jane Glover, conductor, will perform Bach's St. John Passion. more...
- The Baroque Artists of Champaign-Urbana (BACH) will perform Handel's Judas Maccabeus. more...
- Rocky X Recorder Workshop. more...
- East Bay Recorder Society Workshop. more...
- Tage Alter Musik Regensburg. more...
Look to the EMC Forum for the latest news, announcements, press releases, and more.Visit the Early MusiChicago Broadcasts and Calendar pages for listings of upcoming early music broadcasts on radio and TV.
Shop for early instruments; sheet music; CDs, DVDs and MP3s; and other items at the Businesses, Sheet Music, and Recordings, pages.
Organizations | Genres | Composers | Instruments | Images | Recordings | Sheet Music | Publications | Resources
Page best viewed at 1024x768 or greater. Page last updated 2013-05-17. This site is PIKT® powered.
Copyright © 2002-2013 Robert Osterlund. All rights reserved.